In less than a week, I fly out to Las Vegas for a few days of fun in the sun. And by “sun” I mean “90+ degree weather” when back at home it won’t get out of the low 60s. I really need to get some shorts so I don’t die.
I also think I’m vacationing wrong. Instead of being excited about the trip, I’ve been stressing about the littlest things.
I present, “Mallory stresses over dumb stuff, a list”:
- I’ve never flown
- Therefore, I’m worried about getting to the airport with enough time
- Getting through security
- Getting my tickets printed
- Changing planes
- Finding the shuttle at the airport when I get to Vegas
- The quality of the hotel (never read yelp reviews)
- My boyfriend finding the shuttle when HE gets to Vegas
- Meeting up with said boyfriend
- How much food is going to cost
- Getting a 3 day bus pass so we can check out the town
- Getting to all the places we want to check out
- Getting to the airport at 4:30 am when we leave.
- The 5 hour layover in Denver on my way home
Shouldn’t I just be sitting here going “WOO VACATION!”?
Once I get there, I know I’ll be fine. I just need to simmer down.
In knitting news, the current pair of socks inches along. Well, more like centimeters along. I’m going to finish it before I leave so I can work on a new pair of socks whilst I travel. I figure, since I’m going to Vegas, it should be something as flashy as the city so I’m going to knit a pair of socks from some yarn I picked up at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival.
I’m probably going to go with the yarn on the right. That neon green color is really screaming Vegas for me.